Thursday 30 April 2009

Let's Begin to Eat

I'm already 6 months old and Ummi said, I am ready for solid foods. Everyday Ummi will prepared special foods for me. For the first week, I only had blended rice. I only ate a small portion because it taste different than the milk. But after a while I become accustomed to eating solids and I managed to eat more.
I had taste variety of foods and I love fruits especially pears. Rice is not my favourite but when Ummi blended it with carrot, it is yummy and sweet.
Today I would like to share with you my favourite foods.. taraaa

Pear Mash
Pears are high in fiber, potassium and Vitamin C. They are a great fruit because when I eat pears it is easy for me to poo.
Rice + carrot
I love rice mixed with carrot. The sweetness of carrot makes me feel like I am eating an ice cream.. hehe..
Useful Fact:
Carrots are very high in beta carotene. Beta carotene is a Carotenoid. Caratenoids are a set of darkly colored pigments called provitamin A carotenoids that can be converted to Vitamin A. Vitamin A is very important in infant's diet. I will do research about all these vitamins and mineral later ok..

Rice + spinach+king steak fish

I am not really like this 'bubur'. The fish is quite smelly. But Ummi said fish is good because I can get a complete protein from Mr Fish.

Useful Fact:

Spinach is an amazing source of Calcium! Spinach also contains Vitamin A and Selenium too!

Variety of fruits (apple, pear, peach, nectarine and avocado)

I am eager to try more delicious foods but for now the most important food is still MILK..

See you again..

No comments: