Sunday 10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day

'The greatest gift anyone can offer is the gift of life'

Today is Mother's Day and I want to wish Ummi a "Happy Mother's Day". Alhamdulillah. Allah had granted me with the best, if not the greatest, Ummi and Abi in the world, I know I could not have found better parents! Lets not forget all those great parents out there....your kids appreciate the love and caring you shower them every day....

Ummi and Abi also want to take this opportunity to wish both my Grandmas Happy Mother's Day. As you can see I have 2 lovely Toks. They are very special because without them in my life I may not be able to write in this blog. My Tok from Alor Setar( in blue tudung) is Hjh. Fatimah Zaharah and she is now 69 years old ( still looks very young with her lesung pipit..hehe). She was born in Kulim Kedah to a family of 9 siblings. She is a good cook and everybody loves her nasi beriyani and all the lauks. ...especially during the family get together for Hari Raya. By the way, Abi loves Tok's cooking, especially her sambal ikan bilis and kek 'gula hangus'.

My other Tok hails from Perlis and her name is Hjh. Siti Jeliha. She is 61 years old (Yes, still look young as in her 20's. ...hehe) She was born in Kg. Panggas in Perlis to a family of 5. She is a retired nurse. She is very expert in making ketupat palas and rendang. Yummy.. Ummi loves her ketupat very much. Ummi also can cook ketupat but she is still a beginner level. Abi loves Ummi's cooking very much, although he seldom mentioned it...hehe :)

Now, I would like to dedicated this poem to Ummi and both my tok. I love you all


ps: Abi, I will dedicate a poem to you on Father's Day :). Wait naaa..


MOTHER

There is no love, like a mother's love,

no stronger bond on earth...

like the precious bond that comes from Allah,

to a mother, when she gives birth.



A mother's love is forever strong

never changing for all time...

and when her children need her most,

a mother's love will shine.



Allah bless these special mothers,

Allah bless them every one...

for all the tears and heartache,

and for the special work they've done.



When her days on earth are over,

a mother's love lives on...

through many generations,

with Allah's blessings on each one.



Be thankful for our mothers,

for they love with a higher love...

from the power Allah has given,

and the strength from up above.


Dedicated to My Dear Ummi.........

No comments: